Thursday 6 February 2014

Smokeys BBQ and Grill

Smokies 
Went to this bar in VIPPS local shopping centre of Masjid Moth, Greater Kailash II last night because there was Karaoke on and one member of our group is a very good singer and we wanted to give it a try.  When we arrived at 8pm the place was deserted!  I thought this can’t be a good sign but, fortunately, it didn’t take long for a very reasonable crowd to assemble.
We started off the food with a few starters which we all shared and they were delicious, from the potato skins through to the salad the tastes were not what I expected from an American BBQ joint.  We then took some time out and had a few drinks and had a go at the singing for a while.  Manish, the guy presenting the Karaoke, was fantastic getting everyone involved and even taking the mike himself to show us how it was meant to be done.
I was surprised at the high level of talent that was displayed on the microphone, I’m used to drunken evenings where people tend to shout rather than sing, so this made a very pleasant change.  Later we decided to have some food from the main course menu and I decided to try a burger.  It was delicious that all I can say, it wasn’t the McDonald style burger at all!  The meat had been hand-made and the dressing and salad were all very fresh.
After a few more beers I regret to say that I took on the mike and managed to destroy a perfectly good U2 song with my friend Rubin.  Still no one seemed to mind and the evening went by in that way a few excellent singers then some who destroyed other songs in a similar way to me.
If you are looking for somewhere fun to go mid-week then Smokeys is your place but watch out the price tag does get a bit steep if you don’t keep a check on it.  The price for the wines are terrible so don’t even look at those (we made that mistake).  I hope you enjoy it and if you have some stories to tell please share them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment